Re: [Condor-users] condor_master does nothing

Although you are starting condor_master as root, that is not the user id that condor_master uses for most of its work. The user id that condor_master uses is configured with CONDOR_IDS. For more information, see:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_6Security.html#sec:uids

--Dan

John wrote:
thanks. I remove the whole directory of condor-lock.0280.783563574616895 , it it working now. I do not remember the user used to run condor the first time, now I am using root to run condor_master