Re: [Condor-users] [newb] help!

On Friday 22 January 2010, Neal Becker wrote:
> I just setup a condor system on a fedora F12 x86_64 8-core machine.  Right
> now, it's just a single 8-core machine with a single filesystem.  Easy,
> right?
>
> I tried hello.py on it yesterday, and that seemed to work (trivial python
> program).
>
> Today I can't seem to get any job to run.  It might be because this morning
> I installed
> condor-job-hooks-1.0-12.fc12.noarch
> python-condor-job-hooks-common-1.0-12.fc12.noarch
>
> I did that because I wanted to see some examples of python code for condor.
>
> Anyway, I got this:
>
> 003.000:  Run analysis summary.  Of 8 machines,
>       8 are rejected by your job's requirements
>       0 reject your job because of their own requirements
>       0 match but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
>       0 match but reject the job for unknown reasons
>       0 match but will not currently preempt their existing job
>       0 match but are currently offline
>       0 are available to run your job
> 	No successful match recorded.
> 	Last failed match: Fri Jan 22 08:15:52 2010
> 	Reason for last match failure: no match found
>
> WARNING:  Be advised:
>    No resources matched request's constraints
>    Check the Requirements expression below:
>
> Requirements = (Arch == "X86_64") && (OpSys == "LINUX") && (Disk >=
> DiskUsage) && ((Memory * 1024) >= ImageSize) && (TARGET.FileSystemDomain ==
> MY.FileSystemDomain)
>

> What could be wrong here?  It certainly should be the same machine (arch,
> opsys), and it has plenty of resources (100G free disk, 8G memory).  How
> can I debug it?

The first thing to try is to run condor_q -better-analyze .  That will
probably point you at what's going wrong.  If not, send the output of it,
along with a complete job ad (condor_q -l <jobid>) and a machine ad that you
expect to match this job (condor_status -l <machine).

Hope this helps

-Nick

--
           <<< Follow the white rabbit. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project