[Condor-users] Failed to open '/home/condor/done.out' as standard output: Permission denied (errno 13)

Hello -

I've written a small C++ app for testing purposes which loops a few million times, prints to STDOUT, then exits. If I compile the app with condor_compile and then submit it to the standard universe, it runs and gives me output; however when compiled normally and submitted to the vanilla universe, I get the following error:

Failed to open '/home/condor/done.out' as standard output: Permission denied (errno 13)

The UID_DOMAIN on all machines is set to $(FULL_HOSTNAME) and this is local.localhost on all the machines as they do not have any associated DNS entries as of yet.

Any tips on what is happening?

Thanks!

--
Nilson Cain
University of Alabama        Office of Information Technology, Research