Re: [Condor-users] Two pieces of software with different threading models using the same pool

Neil,

If I understand your problem correctly, for your first job type, you
want each job to claim an entire machine exclusively, and for your
second job type, you want to allow up to NUM_CPUs/2 to run on a machine,
as long as there are no jobs of the first type running.

In that case, you can refer to this thread from the list archive:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2007-June/msg00295.shtml

You'd want to define two slot types:

Type 1 has all CPUs, memory, etc. on the machine.  NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1.
Type 1's START expression evaluates to FALSE if any of the other slot is
claimed.

Type 2 is a mostly normal slot definition, except that each one claims
two CPUs.  NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_2 = NUM_CPUS/2.  Type 2's START expression
evaluates to FALSE if the state of slot Type 1 is "Claimed".

Is that what you're trying to achieve?

- dave