[Condor-users] Manually changing startd classad

Hello,

I'm using the SOAP API and tried to manually update the ClassAd on a machine to set "Start" = FALSE in order to stop jobs being submitted to this machine, with insertClassAd(type, ad). I was able to see my change, but when the machine re-advertises to Condor my change is overwritten.

Is there another ClassAd that I could alter that would make Condor ignore the re-advertise from this machine?