Re: [Condor-users] DAG of DAGs

Sassy Natan wrote:
Hi Group
I was wonder if any one manage to do the following Task: I have a 4 Job definitions, which I have implement to run in a DAG configuration.
It looks like that:
Job A A.condor
Job  B  B.condor
Job  C  C.condor
Job  D  D.condor
PARENT A CHILD B PARENT B CHILD C
PARENT C CHILD D
The Job runs OK, but what I would like to do is to run this DAG in a loop configuration.

Basically, the only way to loop in DAGman is to mark a single node as "failed" via a post-script, and set a retry count. This only loops that one node. However, you can accomplish want you want by using nested dags. By putting the above dag in its own file, say, inner.dag, you can then write an outer dag that looks like:

SUBDAG EXTERNAL A inner.dag
SCRIPT POST A shouldContinue.sh
RETRY A 1000000

and as long as the shell script (or program) shouldContinue.sh returns non-zero (up to the retry count), dagman will re-run the inner.dag.

-Greg