Re: [Condor-users] FW: Help going a little green

> Hi Nick,
Steve,

> We've been experiencing some odd effects with Condor hibernate in version
> 7.4.2. I noticed your email to [Condor-users] and was wondering if this
> could be related. Could you send us further information - a bug report
> would be ideal.

There are two bugs that I'm aware of in 7.4.x hibernation.

Bug #1 prevents the startd from sending it's final "I'm going to sleep now"
update to the colletor, and the startd refuses to put the machine to sleep
until that update is sent and acknowledged.

Bug #2, I believe, affects only Linux systems.  If the startd is able to send
the update to the collector (in particular, with the above bug fixed), the
startd then executes $(LIBEXEC)/power_state as user condor, not as root, so
power_state fails to put the machine to sleep (EPERM).

These are both fixed in the upcoming 7.4.3 release.

Hope this helps,

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project