[Condor-users] VMware universe

I am interested in using the VMware universe but I have a question.

My current VMX is about 600mb, and I am wanting to use a iso image file as the input for the jobs. I have about 200 iso files and the job will run on about 15 clients.

From what I can tell each run of the job will require either the VMX getting copied from the master server, or from a shared file system. Is there any way that once the client has copied the VMX over the first time, when it has finished a job, it checks for more ISO files. and if there are any only copies over this for its next run. If there are no iso files (ie the run has finished) CONDOR then cleans up and deletes the local copy of the VMX of the client?

I hope you can see what I am getting at, I just don't want the whole VMX copied each time as that will kill that bandwith and slow down the run as it will take time to copy it. The only other way I can see to do it is to copy the VMX to all the clients before the run starts and use a local path in the submite file.

Any ideas or pointers to more documentation for the VMware universe?

Cheers

Aaron

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now.