Re: [Condor-users] State Change Delay - Hawkeye

> Hi Nick:
Hello David,

> I do not want the output of the Hawkeye job updated on the Collector
> every time the job is run (since the output of the Hawkeye job is
> guaranteed to change every time the job is run, IF_CHANGED amounts to
> ALWAYS in my case). With a couple hundred to a thousand machines, this
> is probably more network traffic than our sys admins are willing to handle.
>
> I only need to update the collector with the changed ClassAds every 5
> minutes or so - my issue is that the local startd only seems to evaluate
> the CONTINUE/WANT_SUSPEND/SUSPEND expressions correctly after performing
> a collector update.
>
> Shouldn't the startd be able to process the variable/ClassAd changes due
> to the Hawkeye job locally (e.g., without a Collector update)? If the
> startd changes states or the "5 minute timer" expires, then I am willing
> to let a collector update occur.

I don't think that there's currently a way to do what you're looking for.  The
act of publishing to the collector is tied to the internal state evaluation
(if I'm reading the code right).

I don't think that anybody has tried to do what you're trying to do, or, at
least, not in a large pool.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer...

-Nick

--
           <<< The matrix has you. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project