Re: [Condor-users] Condor not Recognising Mounted Drive

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM, kuldeep singh meel <goldy.kuldeep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Everyone
  I am new to Condor.I have been experiencing this problem.
If I mount a Directory on a machine (lets say with name X) and pass a path using X in the executable file which will run on condor. Then it gives me this error
"The System can not find the drive specified".

However from Command line I can access the mounted directory.

Kuldeep,

When Condor runs your job on Windows it runs it under a completely separate temporary desktop from the one you're using to interact with the machine with. This is why your jobs don't see the mounted drive.

You can run the job in a wrapper that mounts the drive before executing if you need mounted drives for your jobs. Or you can use UNC paths to reference the remote storage instead of drive letter. I recommend the former approach.

Please see section 6.2.9 in the Condor manual for some other approaches: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/6_2Microsoft_Windows.html#sec:network-files-solutions

- Ian

Cycle Computing, LLC
The Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com