Re: [Condor-users] Slots and detection of console acctivity

Mark,

Thank you. Your suggestion seems to be working for me.

Mike

From: Mark Whidby <mark.whidby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/29/2010 02:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Slots and detection of console acctivity
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 06/29/2010 05:10 AM, Michael O'Donnell wrote:
> I would like to configure our Condor pool such that if a user causes any
> keyboard or console activity all slots become claimed by the owner.
> Currently, only one slot is claimed and therefore the other slots are
> available for execution of jobs.
>
> Is it possible to configure Condor to behave like this? Can anyone tell
> me if I am doing something wrong, or is Condor not intended to work like
> this? It seems that Condor is flexible enough to handle any scenario,
> but I am unsure of how to accomplish this behavior.
>
> I am using the following macros, but no matter what I do I cannot get
> all slots claimed by owner.
> SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_KEYBOARD = $(NUM_SLOTS)
> SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_CONSOLE = $(NUM_SLOTS)

I should warn you that I am very much a novice as far as condor is concerned
but I can confirm that setting these macros did achieve what you are trying
to do (these are Linux machines BTW):-

SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_CONSOLE = $(DETECTED_CORES)
SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_KEYBOARD = $(DETECTED_CORES)

Theres's a very useful command, condor_config_val, which shows how macros
are currently defined on a machine, e.g.

condor_config_val DETECTED_CORES

'condor_config_val -dump' will show everything.

--
Mark Whidby
Infrastructure Coordinator (Unix)