Re: [Condor-users] Slots and detection of console acctivity

On 06/29/2010 05:10 AM, Michael O'Donnell wrote:
I would like to configure our Condor pool such that if a user causes any
keyboard or console activity all slots become claimed by the owner.
Currently, only one slot is claimed and therefore the other slots are
available for execution of jobs.

Is it possible to configure Condor to behave like this? Can anyone tell
me if I am doing something wrong, or is Condor not intended to work like
this? It seems that Condor is flexible enough to handle any scenario,
but I am unsure of how to accomplish this behavior.

I am using the following macros, but no matter what I do I cannot get
all slots claimed by owner.
SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_KEYBOARD = $(NUM_SLOTS)
SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_CONSOLE = $(NUM_SLOTS)

I should warn you that I am very much a novice as far as condor is concerned
but I can confirm that setting these macros did achieve what you are trying
to do (these are Linux machines BTW):-

SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_CONSOLE = $(DETECTED_CORES)
SLOTS_CONNECTED_TO_KEYBOARD = $(DETECTED_CORES)

Theres's a very useful command, condor_config_val, which shows how macros
are currently defined on a machine, e.g.

condor_config_val DETECTED_CORES

'condor_config_val -dump' will show everything.

--
Mark Whidby
Infrastructure Coordinator (Unix)