From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thawan Kooburat
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:21 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor 7.5.3 released!

Hi,

condor-7.5.2-1.rhel5.x86_64.rpm
   This is "new" Condor rpm which follow FHS standard. You can look at
this for more detail (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/yum/)

condor-7.5.2-linux-*.rpm
   This is "old" Condor rpm which install everything into
/opt/condor-{version}. We discontinue this type of packages for the
7.5 releases.
If you still want to install Condor in this manner,  you can download
the corresponding tar.gz package, extract it into
/opt/condor-{version}
and run ./condor_configure --install --owner=condor. This is basically
what the old RPM does.

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Stuart Anderson
<anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There seems to be fewer download options. For example, what is the relationship between the single 7.5.3 x86/64 RHEL 5 RPM,
> condor-7.5.3-1.rhel5.x86_64.rpm
>
> and the 3 options that where available for 7.5.2,
> condor-7.5.2-1.rhel5.x86_64.rpm
> condor-7.5.2-linux-x86_64-rhel5-1.x86_64.rpm
> condor-7.5.2-linux-x86_64-rhel5-dynamic-1.x86_64.rpm
>
> Also, is the source tar file available somewhere?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Jun 29, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Cathrin Weiss wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The Condor Team is pleased to announce the release of Condor 7.5.3. This
>> latest release in the development series includes many new bug fixes added in the 7.4 development series.
>>
>> Notable features:
>> + File transfer plugins can be used for vm universe jobs.
>> + Improved log messages when failing to authenticate requests.
>> + The batch_gahp, used for pbs and lsf grid universe jobs, has been updated from version 1.12.2 to 1.16.0.
>> + Daemon logs can now be rotated several times instead of only once into a single .old file.
>>
>> See the Version History for a complete list of changes.  Condor 7.5.3
>> binaries and source code are available from our Downloads page.
>>
>> Version History:
>> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.5/8_2Development_Release.html#sec:New-7-5-3
>>
>> Downloads Page:
>>  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/downloads/