[Condor-users] Condor expressions and variable expansion

On 3/1/10 9:27 AM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
>> For example,
>>
>> SUBMIT_EXPR = group_${{OWNER}}

This post reminded me of an outstanding question I have.  Can someone
clarify the syntax for Condor expression variable expansion, and any
differences in handling between classad files, internal representations
(and their visible parts via condor_q or condor_status -l), DAG files,
and configuration files?

1. Are variable names always case insensitive?

2. Which of the following are valid (and possibly in which context):

$FOO
$(FOO) # round brackets
${FOO} # curly brackets
${{FOO}} # double curly brackets

3. What are the implicit terminators, if $FOO is permitted? (e.g. for
doing $FOO_bar or $FOO.bar)  I suppose this amounts to the question
"what are valid characters for variable names?".

I feel like I've seen all variations of these.  I use $(FOO) (curly
brackets) in my classads and config files, but I see comments in the DAG
section on variables referenced with $FOO, and here it looks like
someone is suggesting ${{FOO}} can be used in certain places.

TIA.

Ian
begin:vcard
fn:Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD
n:Stokes-Rees;Ian
org:Harvard Medical School;Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
adr;dom:;;250 Longwood Ave;Boston;MA;02115
email;internet:ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Research Associate, Sliz Lab
tel;work:+1 617 432-5608 x75
tel;fax:+1 617 432-5600