Re: [Condor-users] startd hangs when using job hooks

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you can get the issue to reproduce let us know and we can get a new ticket filed.

I'm trying this now. Condor 7.4.1 on Windows XP SP1 64-bit.

It's hung up for sure. I'm attaching the log files from the machine, no debugging on right now but I can turn it on and try again if you like. Config files in use are also included. The entry point is config/condor_config.

I can see the process tree as:

condor_master.exe
   condor_startd.exe
      cmd.exe
         perl.exe
      cmd.exe
         perl.exe
      cmd.exe
         perl.exe

Which is weird. I expect four cmd/perl trees because it's a 4 slot machine but I only ever get three.

My hook scripts write log data to ARCFetchWorkLog.N and one of them started to put some stuff to the log and then it just stops.

Daemon startup was at 12:03 and I grabbed those logs at 12:32 -- as you can see it hasn't done much in that time.

I made no changes to my config files from 7.2.2 to 7.4.1, but it didn't appear necessary and I don't get any errors on daemon startup.

- Ian