Re: [Condor-users] KeyboardIdle problem in Condor 7.4.x

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 02:50:41PM +0000, Smith, Ian wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Just to back up the observations in
>
> https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2010-March/msg00053.shtml
>
> I've seen the same bug with Condor 7.4.0 and Condor 7.4.1 under Win XP SP3.

yeah, there are bugfixes going in to 7.4.2 to address condor_kbdd bugs.

> Would having the daemon write its debug
> somewhere useful rather than throwing it away shed any light ?

possibly, but it would probably be better to take a closer look at the log of
the startd (which is the daemon that receives the messages from the kbdd).

in particular, look for "PERMISSION DENIED".  it could be the authorization
settings are preventing the kbdd messages from being received.

cheers,
-zach