[Condor-users] Windows 7 startd machines not connecting to Fedora 12 central manager

Hello all,

We are currently trying to migrate our condor farm from a Windows central manager over to a linux (fedora 12) central manager.  All of our Windows 7 execute node (startd) machines are refusing to connect to the linux central manager.  I.e. running a “condor_status” gives no output whatsoever.  All machines in question are running Condor version 7.4.1 and are able to ping each other.  Are there any tricks to getting this to work, or is there a compatibility issue between Windows 7 startd machines and linux central managers?  Thank you.

Michael Aquilino

Systems Administrator

Fugro EarthData Inc.