Re: [Condor-users] Windows 7 startd machines not connecting to Fedora 12 central manager

On 03/10/2010 12:10 PM, Aquilino, Mike [FEDI] wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> We are currently trying to migrate our condor farm from a Windows
> central manager over to a linux (fedora 12) central manager.  All of our
> Windows 7 execute node (startd) machines are refusing to connect to the
> linux central manager.  I.e. running a “condor_status” gives no output
> whatsoever.  All machines in question are running Condor version 7.4.1
> and are able to ping each other.  Are there any tricks to getting this
> to work, or is there a compatibility issue between Windows 7 startd
> machines and linux central managers?  Thank you.
>

> */Michael Aquilino/*
>
> Systems Administrator
>
> Fugro EarthData Inc.

First, make sure you don't have iptables on your F12 box blocking access to port 9618 (Collector's port).

Then, you should check your CollectorLog on the F12 box to see if the Collecot is PERMISSION DENIED'ing updates from the execute nodes. You should also check your execute nodes and make sure their COLELCTOR_HOST is point at the F12 box. You can see where the Startd is trying to advertise by looking in the StartLog.

Best,

matt