[Condor-users] Slot counting in 7.4.1.

Hi,

I'm trying to run a Condor 7.4.1 startd on an 8-processor host with
hyperthreading. The trouble is that I get 8 slots with
COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS == False
but I get -24- instead of 16 with the default True value of
COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS. Too many.

A D_FULLDEBUG StartLog is attached (the COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS == True
case comes first in the log).

Could this be because hthreads get to be counted twice, once in
count_cpus_id:

    516                                 if ( count_hthreads ) {
    517                                         cpuinfo->num_cpus++;
    518                                 }

and once again in ncpus_linux:

    673         if( num_hyperthread_cpus ) *num_hyperthread_cpus = cpuinfo.num_cpus + cpuinfo.num_hthreads;

?

We are currently surviving by setting NUM_CPUS = 16 by hand, but the above
looks wrong.

Thanks.
Francesco Prelz
INFN Milano