Re: [Condor-users] CheckpointPlatform error

On 05/07/2010 09:17 AM, antoni artigues wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to submit my first job on the vanilla universe.
>
> I have my executable in the common nfs directory and my descripton file
> is:
>
> Executable = input.sh
> Universe   = vanilla
> Requirements  = OpSys == "LINUX" && Arch =="X86_64"
> output     = sim.out
> error      = sim.error
> Log        = sim.log
> Queue
>
> But after the job has been submited the condor_q -better-analyze
> returns:
> -----------------------
> 002.000:  Run analysis summary.  Of 6 machines,
>       0 are rejected by your job's requirements
>       2 reject your job because of their own requirements
>       0 match but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
>       4 match but reject the job for unknown reasons
>       0 match but will not currently preempt their existing job
>       0 match but are currently offline
>       0 are available to run your job
>
> The following attributes are missing from the job ClassAd:
>
> CheckpointPlatform
> Where is the error? What is the CheckpointPlatform?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Regards

The CheckpointPlatform error is pretty much always a red herring.

Unknown reasons often range from some misconfiguration to simply that a negotiation cycle has not yet happened (had it, the job would be running).

If machines are rejecting your jobs for their own reasons it might be they aren't in the Unclaimed state (condor_status will tell you).

Best,

matt