Re: [Condor-users] Simple How-to question

Here's another example that I just added to the How-to recipes:

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToReserveSlotForSpecialJobs

--Dan

David A. Kotz wrote:
Larry,

We do something like that here by modifying the START condition on the execute nodes.

By default you have:

UWCS_START      = ( (KeyboardIdle > $(StartIdleTime)) \
                    && ( $(CPUIdle) || \
                         (State != "Unclaimed" && State != "Owner")) )

We require the users to include Project and ProjectDescription in their submit scripts by modifying this start condition to check for a valid project name and for a non-empty project description like so:

ValidProject = ((TARGET.Project =?= "ARCHITECTURE") || \
                (TARGET.Project =?= "FORMAL_METHODS")  || \
                (TARGET.Project =?= "AI_ROBOTICS")  || \

etc ...

and

UTCS_START      = ( (KeyboardIdle > $(StartIdleTime)) && \
                        ( $(CPUIdle) || \
                        (State != "Unclaimed" && State != "Owner")) && \
$(ValidProject) && (TARGET.ProjectDescription =!= UNDEFINED) )

START = $(UTCS_START)

- dave

P. Larry Nelson wrote:
Hello,

I've looked on the How To Admin Recipes page here:
https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToAdminRecipes

but I'm not seeing something very simple I want to do.

How does one configure a particular compute node to *not* accept
*any* jobs unless the user submitting a job adds a specific requirement
to his/her submit description file?

(The specific requirement is listed as a specific custom attribute
in the compute node's ClassAd.)

Condor version: 7.2.1

Thanks!
- Larry