[Condor-users] Error with condor_compile

Hello,

I'm using the following condor version at my university:

$CondorVersion: 7.4.2 Mar 29 2010 BuildID: 227044 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RHEL5 $

I'm trying to condor_compile a c++ simulator for the "standard"
universe using g++ version 4.2.2. While the simulator compiles fine
for "vanilla" universe, I'm seeing some linker errors for "standard"
universe. For eg:

undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char,
std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, int)'

and many such errors relating to stdc++. However, when I grab the
final link command spit out by condor_compile, and manually add the
location of libstdc++.a to the command, the link succeeds. However,
when simulator runs on condor I see some segmentation faults.

My questions:

1) When I use a specific version of condor, is there a specific
version of gcc/g++ that I'm required to use? If yes, could someone
point me to this list?

2) I searched the condor user archives, and it seems that a few others
have faced similar issues, but I couldn't find a definitive solution.
Have others faced similar issues? How should I go about solving this
issue?

Thanks in advance for your help,
G.Madhu