Re: [Condor-users] job's log file: date does not indicate the year !?!

On 11/18/2010 08:12 PM, Rob wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the process of analyzing loads of log files in order to provide
statistics on how efficient condor is handling certain types of jobs in our
condor pool.

For that I need to know when a job is submitted and when it has terminated. My
approach is to read the log file of those jobs and analyze the time difference
between these two.

I then realized that the year is not in the log file. For short and "normal"
jobs this is not an issue (for as long as you're not near the year-end
transition!), but much longer jobs may have the year bumbed up without it being
indicated in the log file.

So in theory, if a job is processed in a condor pool for little over a year, the
log file then indicates that just a little time has passed between its
submission and its termination (if I ignore all the other stuff that is listed
in the log file between submission and termination).

OR: is the year automatically added when condor notices the date has changed to
the next year?
If not, wouldn't adding the year into the log file make the file more complete
and robust for analysis?

Thank you.
Rob.

For 7.5.1+, the year is present,

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1030

For 7.5.1-, you can add it yourself via DEBUG_TIME_FORMAT=%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S,

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.5/3_3Configuration.html#15352

Best,

matt