[Condor-users] a non shared environment

I want to hear feedback of people who do not have a shared filesystem
in their environment. Currently, we use some NFS and a lot of CIFS
which works fine but there are a lot of problems such as scalability
and reliability. I was wondering how people get around it and what
other alternatives there are. Our jobs are mostly read intensive and
less write intensive. We've been tinkering with hdfs and its working
very well but I was wondering if there was something more native.