Re: [Condor-users] Preemption issues

On 10/20/10 10:08 AM, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 09:48:28AM -0500, Dan Bradley wrote:

#Disable preemption by machine activity.
PREEMPT = False
#Disable preemption by user priority.
PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = False
#Disable preemption by machine RANK by ranking all jobs equally.
RANK = 0

still gets jobs preempted due to user priority (checked runtime values
with condor_config_val to see the values I expect are the ones
actually in use)
The above policy should definitely not allow preemption based on user
priority.  Are you setting PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS in the configuration
of the negotiator?  The rest of the settings apply to the worker node,
but that setting applies to the negotiator.
I was only setting PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS on the worker nodes so that
probably answers the question, but of course brings up another. I only
want this policy  to apply to certain worker nodes for certain people (and
other worker nodes for other people based on group membership and
resource ownership).  I'd taken out all the other variables to
simplify the problem as I saw it.  Can I do this with a single
negotiator or do I need to make my world much more complicated?

PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS can refer to the machine ad and the job ad that is attempting to preempt. You should therefore be able to customize the policy to be sensitive to group membership and resource ownership.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_3Configuration.html#18512

--Dan