Re: [Condor-users] getenv in submit file has no effect

Hi Todd,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 16:52, Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Alex -

Your understanding of how thing should work is correct.

So all the above works for me as expected IF I have the env var PFILES set to be "foobar" or something similar.  If I set PFILES to be the exact same string as you above, it doesn't work.  :(  I think the problem may have to do with the semi-colon or some other character tripping up condor_submit.  We will have to investigate a bit more today and come up w/ a work-around and/or a fix.

I noticed the same behavior - it does not work for me when there is a semi-colon. But that semi-colon is wrong; it should be a simple colon instead. When I correct that for PFILES it seem to work for me without problems.

So there is no need for a quick workaround - but I guess it is something that needs to be fixed for condor, though.

Cheers
  Alex