Re: [Condor-users] Problems running a batch file

Also, recall that Condor jobs are run in a temporary folder, which means that you have to transfer all files needed to run the job. In this case it seems as if you do not transfer run.py. Try specifying

	transfer_input_files = run.py

That way you make sure that the python script will be at all available in the run directory.

Thanks,
Cathrin

Hello,

Firstly, you should modify your batch file to be as verbose as possible until you can find your problem. Secondly, try specifying the full path to Python. Here is an example batch file:

@ECHO ON
ECHO ...Running on computer:
ECHO %COMPUTERNAME%
PUSHD \\O2F-STH-LAP-016\Users\o2f_sonlil\
DIR
C:\Python26\python.exe run.py
ECHO ...Done.

I am having problems executing a batch file that has been submitted through condor.

The submit file is the following,

universe = vanilla
environment = path=C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32
transfer_executable = true
requirements = LoadAvg < 0.3
executable = Run.bat
log = Run_condor.log
output = Run_condor.out
error = Run_condor.err
queue

and the run.bat file is,

echo ...Running on computer:
SET COMPUTERNAME
echo PUSHD to \\O2F-STH-LAP-016\Users\o2f_sonlil\
PUSHD \\O2F-STH-LAP-016\Users\o2f_sonlil\
DIR
echo ...Run run.py
run.py
echo ...Done.
EXIT

But run.py is not executed.
Run_condor.err says that
“Access denied.
run.py is not an internal command, external command,
program or batch file.”

However, if I execute run.bat manually (without submitting via condor) it works fine.

Why is it so?