Re: [Condor-users] Store a credential for a condor user

Sonia,

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Sónia Liléo <sonia.lileo@xxxxx> wrote:

Hi again!

The machines are executing but it seems that there are still problems with getting the credentials.

Condor complains that the password is wrong when running on the other execute machines. Just works when running on the central manager.

Okay. This is likely a credd issue then.

Ian wrote on a previous email that,

>Just for some clarification: is this the condor_credd daemon running on your central manager machine?

My answer is: Yes, condor_credd is running only on the central machine.

>You only need one credd daemon for an entire pool, not one on each machine.

>Every machine should be connecting to the condor_credd daemon on your central manager to get credentials for users.

Is this done by default?

I'm not sure. I rarely use the MSI installer for Condor -- maybe it asked you where a credd server was located when you ran the installer?

It sounds suspiciously like it's not setup.

You want to make sure the CREDD_HOST setting is set to $(CONDOR_HOST) in your condor_config.local file on every machine. Something like:

CREDD_HOST = $(CONDOR_HOST):$(CREDD_PORT)

That tells Condor where the credd server is located.

Check that setting. Make it and restart Condor on the execute nodes if it's not set. And let me know if that solves your problem.

Regards,
- Ian

Cycle Computing, LLC
The Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com