Re: [Condor-users] Fortran runtime error

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:25:26 -0500
"Timothy St. Clair" <tstclair@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 14:26 +0200, Laurent Wandrebeck wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm testing a brand new condor install (1st install ever).
> > /home is nfs automounted
>
> when & how are the home directories auto-mounted (on login or on
> access)?
Both. Moreover the user is logged on the submit and execute machine.
fortran libs are local.

> what happens if you shuffle the files around vs. using an auto-mounted
> loc?
>
> should_transfer_files = YES
> when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
Tried 4 times, worked perfectly each time.
Really strange, as we're using nfs for /home in our network for years
without any problem.
Did you have any hint for this kind of failure ? I'd prefer by far
avoiding to shuffle files around, as we are doing satellite images
processing, so data we process is quite heavy.
Thanks,
--
Laurent Wandrebeck
HYGEOS, Earth Observation Department / Observation de la Terre