Re: [Condor-users] trying to compile condor 4.5.3

hello Matthew,

Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 09/28/2010 06:53 PM, Roger Mason wrote:
>> I'm trying to compile condor 4.5.3 on a linux system with gcc-4.5.0 and
>> glibc-2.11.2.
>>
>> The makefiles generated by ./configure are plagued by continuation lines
>> without a terminating backslash.
>> These cause an error: Makefile:163: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> That's not a problem with configure script, it's a problem with imake.
>
> Try fresh with USE_OLD_IMAKE=YEAHMIGHTBEAGOODIDEA set in your environment.

Thanks for your response.  That improved things a bit.  Now I get this:

Makefile:2803: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8
spaces?).  Stop.

They can be fixed by hand but there may be lots of them.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Roger