Re: [Condor-users] trying to compile condor 4.5.3

On 09/29/2010 11:40 AM, Roger Mason wrote:
Matthew Farrellee<matt@xxxxxxxxxx>  writes:

Be sure to wipe out all Makefiles, e.g. src$ rm Makefile */Makefile

If it is still a problem, there's likely an issue with an Imakefile
somewhere. You should mention which Makefile has the issue, probably
what system you're on and version of cpp.

That was on a freshly unpacked tarball.
The top level Makefile in src shows the problem; I'm not sure about
others.
cpp --version: cpp (GCC) 4.5.0

My system is T2 (built from source).

Cheers,
Roger

Cool. I've not run across T2 before.

Your cpp is ahead of any that I've used -

$ rpm -q cpp
cpp-4.4.4-10.fc13.x86_64
$ cpp --version
cpp (GCC) 4.4.4 20100630 (Red Hat 4.4.4-10)

My recommendation to you is to look at the busted Makefile. There should be a comment referring from where in the Imakefile (or possibly config/Imake.rules) the spaces are originating. You should then edit the Imakefile or Imake.rules and inject proper indentation.

Best,

matt