[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] efficiency question
- Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 20:04:34 -0400
- From: Rita <rmorgan466@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] efficiency question
Our environment has 500 servers dedicated to condor. We have 6 schedulers and daily we run about 300k jobs. We use dynamic slots
What is the most efficient way to do this:
1) Get total running jobs in the pool
I use condor_status -claimed.
2) Get total held jobs in the pool
I use condor_q -global -held
3) The most recent negotiation cycle and how many were negotiated
Parse a log file?
4) Top 10 users who are requesting the most memory and their jobs are running now
Check for request_memory?
5) Top 10 users who are requesting the most CPU and their jobs are running now
Basically, it boils down to using condor_status and condor_q. I haven't found a way to query the negotiator deamon for statistics.
BTW, I plan on running these commands on a 5 second basis.
Running condor 7.2 for negotiator
--- Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.--