Re: [Condor-users] Only allow 40 of my runs to run at once

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Rob Stevenson wrote:

Hi all,
One of our Condor users has a particular type of job which puts a lot of pressure on a database server. We've worked out that any more than 40 runs at once and the db server will fall over and all jobs fail completely.

Can all of these jobs be submitted at once, or does the user submit them more-or-less randomly? If they can be submitted in a batch, an easy solution is to put the jobs into a disjoint DAG, and then set maxjobs=40 for that DAG.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team