[Condor-users] C of C++ API for Condor

Hello ,

I want some programmatic interface to condor,
So is there any API's of Condor available for C , C++ or Python.

Right now what i want to do is to get the number of idle jobs
, number of held jobs, number of running jobs etc, etc... in job queue.
So that these can be used somewhere else.

Using condor commands like "condor_q", I am able to get this information
but i want to access these programmatically, may be using some shell command
I dont know how to use the condor_q in shell script so that it will just give me number
 of idle jobs.

Thats why i want to know if there is some API's of condor through which using some
development language i can query my Condor Pool.

Thanks in advance