[Condor-users] Storing output files [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi,

I’ve been trolling through the user manual and message boards regarding the architecture of a Condor pool and would like some input from the Condor community.

I am in the process of setting up a dedicated Condor pool. The jobs that will be run will summarise results in output files. In order to reduce network traffic, I don’t want to send these files back to the submitter, but rather to a network file server. Is this the best way to do this? At the moment, I wrap the executable I want to run in a batch file that moves the output files to the file server. Is there any functionality within Condor i.e. in the ClassAd that will transfer output files directly to a dedicated file server?

Thanks,

Peter

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.