Re: [Condor-users] How to shrink quill database?

Hi Greg,

Here's the output of the command...

quill=# select relname, relpages from pg_class order by relpages desc
limit 20;
             relname             | relpages
---------------------------------+----------
 pg_toast_16857                  |   169365
 jobs_horizontal_history         |    70703
 jobs_vertical_history_pkey      |    55845
 jobs_vertical_history           |    51525
 machines_vertical_history       |    20161
 jobs_horizontal_history_pkey    |      666
 transfers                       |      351
 jobs_hor_his_ix1                |      298
 jobs_hor_his_ix2                |      254
 runs                            |       91
 error_sqllogs                   |       87
 pg_statistic                    |       69
 matches                         |       46
 pg_proc                         |       44
 pg_attribute                    |       43
 pg_toast_16857_index            |       43
 pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index |       42
 pg_proc_proname_args_nsp_index  |       41
 pg_depend                       |       36
 events                          |       29
(20 rows)

So pg_toast_16857 is the culprit, however...

quill=# SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_total_relation_size('pg_toast_16857'));
ERROR:  relation "pg_toast_16857" does not exist

Can pg_toast_16857 be emptied without crippling the database? What do
you advise?

Thanks
Steve