Re: [Condor-users] Problem with multiple machines in a Windows pool

HI Ralph,
We have a mixed pool of WinXP and Win7 machines running now without any problems - the Win7 machines were initially a bit problematical but the following seemed to smooth over any problems. I suspect you may have done all this, but for what it is worth....

- Uninstalling Condor , deleting C:\condor and re-installing
- Windows Defender or equivalent needing to have the C:\condor directories excluded from scanning. Any real-time virus protection may need to be turned off. Symantec AV was a cause of many problems on one system.
- Making sure "Automatic Windows update" was off on the system
- Making sure the condor service is set to "delayed start" ( I am running <7.6.x)

Andrew