[Condor-users] submit a "standard" job to Condor

I'm new in using condor, and I submit my first job,but the output is:

Submitting job(s)
ERROR: You are trying to submit a "standard" job to Condor. However, this installation of Condor does not support the Standard Universe.
$CondorVersion: 7.6.2 Aug 21 2011 BuildID: UW_development $
$CondorPlatform: X86_64-ScientificLinux_6.0 $

then I use vanilla universe to submit, and I succeed. But I'm wonder why I can't use the standard universe?
I download the package "condor_src-7.6.2-all-all.tar.gz", and build and installed it. All things were all right.

HOW CAN I USE THE STANDARD UNIVERSE?
Thanks in advance.