Re: [Condor-users] full path to condor_chirp necessary?

On 08/26/2011 05:23 PM, Scott Koranda wrote:
Hi,

If I want to include condor_chirp commands in a job (a bash
script) to echo output into the job's log do I need to use the
full path to the condor_chirp executable?

Won't the path be different on different execute machines in
the general case?

Thanks,

Scott

Yes, chirp will need to be in the job's path. No, I do not think Condor makes an effort to setup a path that includes chirp. Yes, in the general case it may be in different locations. You might set your path for known sites, raise an RFE to get chirp into a path setup by Condor, and/or check with your pool admins to setup chirp so it is consistently locatable (may not need to be in the same fs location).

Best,

matt