Re: [Condor-users] How to configure priorities so a user is guaranteedX slots of at least Y MIPS?

On 08/25/2011 03:50 PM, Rowe, Thomas wrote:
We don't really need the fair-share priority calculations discussed
in the User
Priorities section of the manual. All we need is to sometimes
explicitly
guarantee that user Bob can dominate 20 fast (high MIPS) slots for a
couple
weeks and that user Joe can dominate 10 fast slots. We don't need
preemption
either; it's fine if Bob and Joe simply take over the fast slots as
they come
free.

Can the priority system I've described be set up with Condor? I can't
glean how
from the manual myself. A per-user "static group quota"? Perhaps I
misunderstand the default algorithm and what I can do with
condor_userprio?

If I understand correctly I need to customize the default algorithm
in two
ways: 1) I don't want relative EUPs to determine allocations. I want
explicitly guarantee a user X slots regardless of what anybody has
been doing.
2) Half-life and usage time are irrelevant; I want my explicit
"priorities" to
persist indefinitely until manually changed.

I guess RANK clauses on the fast machines in the style of
'RANK = (Owner == "Bob")' would suffice, but I hope there's a more
elegant way.
Repeatedly editing the fast machine configs would be very unwieldy.

You might start by disabling fair share...

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToDisableFairSharing

Best,

matt