Re: [Condor-users] No output from condor_status

It appears I solved this one too.

make_stats uses deprecated arguments for sort which no longer function on OS X. This was causing the output data file to be blank, which in turn was causing the applet to fail. Replacing sort -n +0 -1 with sort -n in make_machine_stats and make_user_stats fixed the problem. Although I believe sort should have -k arguments to be a true replacement.

Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] No output from condor_status

I solved this but I'm not sure how. The only change I made was changing user condor's login shell from /sbin/nologin back to /bin/bash. But, now that its working I was able to change it to /sbin/nologin without breaking it. Strange...

Another issue I'm having is seeing a completely blank applet in CondorView. It does appear to load the applet, but when its done I see nothing but a white background. My pool history seems to be working just fine. Again... my (apache) log shows nothing.

Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:18 PM

Perhaps you have a firewall that is blocking port 9618.  Open this port on all(?) of the machines in the cluster and see if that helps.

Best Regards,
 ~ Garrett K.
Washington and Lee University