Re: [Condor-users] Query SubmitterGroupQuota parameter?

On Sunday, 20 November, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Sassy Natan wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to define a rule in order to make the PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS work.
I'm still consider myself as a new baby when it comes to condor.

based on my previous email https://www-auth.cs.wisc.edu/lists/condor-users/2011-July/msg00060.shtml I'm trying to define to following (Thanks to Ian)

PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = ((SubmitterGroupQuota =!= UNDEFINED && (SubmitterGroupResourcesInUse < SubmitterGroupQuota)) &&  ((RemoteGroupQuota=?=UNDEFINED) || (RemoteGroupResourcesInUse > RemoteGroupQuota)))

However I can't make it work
There is a bug in Condor < 7.6.5 where the use of hierarchical group quota's disabled preemption. See the ticket Erik mentioned in your other thread about quotas: https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2570

It is possible this bug is preventing your system from considering preemption. Hopefully this makes it in to 7.6.5.
Is there any way to query the SubmitterGroupResourcesInUse or RemoteGroupQuota attributes while the system is running?
Not that I'm aware of.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing