Re: [Condor-users] No condor_shadow installed that supports vanilla jobs on V6.3.3 or newer resources

On 12/2/11 2:21 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Sarah Williams <saewill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hold reason: No condor_shadow installed that supports vanilla jobs on
>> V6.3.3 or newer resources
>>
> I've seen this before and if I recall correctly the solution is
> completely non-obvious. Let's take a stab in the dark: is this job a
> shell script? If so, does it contain the '#!/path/to/shell' line at
> the top? If the answers are "yes" and "no", then that's likely the
> problem. Or maybe I'm thinking of another incident.

Not the case here, but I'll remember to keep an eye out for that.

I think this was a symptom of schedd instability. All the jobs in hold
dated from the time when schedd was crashing repeatedly, and I haven't
seen any since then.