Re: [Condor-users] condor rocks

On 02/02/2011 04:57 PM, Erik Aronesty wrote:
I'd like to point out how incredibly great condor once you get it
going.   Dynamic

Dynamic slots were a must for us -  but i left some nodes as dedicated
to parallel (minimum requestcpus =4) so parallels don't starve.  I
have some nodes dedicated to "high priority" jobs (user specified...
whatever)... and so forth.   It's terribly flexible once you get how
to deal with it.

I have to remember that condor m,ust be restarted for some config
changes.   Many of my problems (posted here) were a result of not
doing that (because jobs were on it... and i didn't want them to be
abandoned).

Now we just drop new machines onto our "grid" and watch jobs get
allocated all day long.

The only challenge is keeping the expanding server room cool.

Thanks.

- E

Glad to hear it. Let us know what config changes couldn't be reconfiged. We're always looking to make fewer and fewer changes require a restart.

Best,

matt