Re: [Condor-users] Help with ClassAd syntax: offset $(process) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

> I am trying to offset $(process) and append it to my file name to be
> transferred, i.e TransferInputFiles =
> C:\CondorInputFiles\$$([$(process)+1])_input.in, but I keep getting an
> error on submit:

> Hello.  I'll preface this by saying that I'm a relatively new user to
> Condor.  That said, I don't see anything in the manual that suggests
> that the '+' will be interpreted as an addition operation.  I also
> looked through the source code where it parses submit file lines and I
> don't see anything in the code that suggests that or allows for addition
> operators in another way either.  There may be a way, but I'm not seeing
> it.
>
> Can you run a trivial instance for the first job?  You would use Queue
> 11, where 0_input.in would hold a "blank".  Not the most elegant
> solution, but it would accomplish moving the relevant runs to begin with
> process 1.

Are you sure the syntax is

  $$([$(process)+1])

The example in the manual says

  The syntax appears as:

  $$([ClassAd expression])

and the example given is:

  In the submit description file will be

  arguments=--memory $$([TARGET.Memory * 0.9])

suggesting that, if it can be done, you should be using:

  $$([Process + 1])

without the extra $() around Process.

My other suggestion would be to create a parallel directory of
links to the input files where the link names match what you
appear to need and the link target matches what a program that
could handle "start from 0" would just use without issue.

I should say that I have not tried either of the above.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971