Re: [Condor-users] Questions about ImageSize

On 02/03/2011 04:36 AM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
Hi All,

    I have two questions:
I can see in output od fommand condor_q -l ImageSize and ImageSize_RAW. It seems
that ImageSize is rounded. (Why?)
#$condor_q -l | grep ^ImageSize
#ImageSize_RAW = 1343716
#ImageSize = 1500000
#ImageSize_RAW = 1311296
#ImageSize = 1500000

And which one should be used in SYSTEM_PERIODIC_HOLD expression.

Condor contains optimizations that automatically group jobs together. The grouping uses any attributes that appear in START expressions, which sometimes includes ImageSize. The rounding is to create fewer levels for the ImageSize variable and thus fewer groups.

You may want to use ImageSize_RAW.

Next question is also about ImageSize :).
I set up STARTER_UPDATE_INTERVAL = 120, for faster ClassAd updates, that the
condor_starter daemon sends to other daemons. Default is 5 minutes. I submit
simple job and I can see in log file, that ImageSize are peridically updated.
But in "condor_q" there is SIZE 0.0 . I also try out "condor_q -direct rdbms"
and "condor_q -direct schedd", but result is the same.

After 16 minutes I can see correct SIZE in condor_q output.

I would be very gratefull for any comments.

http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2009/04/11/publishing-rates-in-a-condor-pool/

STARTER_UPDATE_INTERVAL controls starter -> shadow update. SHADOW_QUEUE_UPDATE_INTERVAL (15min) controls shadow -> schedd update.

So you'll have to change both.

Best,

matt