Re: [Condor-users] Multicollectors

your responses cleared my doubts. thanks

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Dan Bradley <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A multi-tier collector is particular important for large dynamic pools that operate over high-latency networks using strong authentication.  By high-latency I mean round trip times over 50 milliseconds.  By large dynamic pools, I mean pools such as those created by glideinWMS where nodes can come and go at rates of 10 per second or more.

In contrast to those conditions, you are unlikely to see much benefit from a multi-tier collector on a fast secure network with long-lived nodes.

--Dan