[Condor-users] Heterogeneous Job Submission

Hi,

I am trying to submit Jobs to Windows and Linux using $$(MachineAddAtrribute) from Linux submit node.

I have links to the executable for different operating systems like this

Argscript.LINUX -> Argscript.sh

Argscript.WINNT51 -> Argscript.bat

Argscript.WINNT60 -> Argscript.bat

Argscript.WINNT61 -> Argscript.bat

In the job submission file, I have like this

Executable =  Argscript.$$(OpSys)

It works fine on Linux OS. But under Windows OS, condor copies the executable to the execution node as condor_exec.WINNT61 (Based on Opsys). So under Windows it fails with the following Exception

007 (1056304.000.000) 02/09 10:38:24 Shadow exception!

        Error from slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Create_Process(C:\condor\execute\dir_4912\condor_exec.WINNT61,24 10 ArgTest.R, ...) failed:

I guess Windows fails to create process because condor attached the opsys at the end of the condor_exec as condor_exec.WINNT61

So is there any way we can tell condor not to include opsys at the end of the condor_exec, or is there any known fix available for this problem.

Thanks,

Senthil