Re: [Condor-users] Heterogeneous Job Submission

Natarajan, Senthil wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to submit Jobs to Windows and Linux using $$(MachineAddAtrribute) from Linux submit node.

I have links to the executable for different operating systems like this

Argscript.LINUX -> Argscript.sh

Argscript.WINNT51 -> Argscript.bat

Argscript.WINNT60 -> Argscript.bat

Argscript.WINNT61 -> Argscript.bat

In the job submission file, I have like this

Executable =  Argscript.$$(OpSys)

It works fine on Linux OS. But under Windows OS, condor copies the executable to the execution node as condor_exec.WINNT61 (Based on Opsys). So under Windows it fails with the following Exception
[snip]
So is there any way we can tell condor not to include opsys at the end of the condor_exec, or is there any known fix available for this problem.

You can make the above work by simply doing the following in your submit file:
  Executable =  Argscript.$$(OpSys).bat
In other words, have use .bat for all platforms. Linux does not care what the file extension is, so the above will work everywhere.

regards
Todd