Re: [Condor-users] Windows and linux authentication issue

On 2/23/11 10:31 AM, Horvátth Szabolcs wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying (again) to setup job submission from a windows XP submitter machine (7.5.4) to a linux scheduler (7.5.5) but without any luck.

What do you mean by "linux scheduler"? A linux central manager? I wouldn't expect any special difficulties getting a windows schedd to talk to a linux collector + negotiator. You need to make sure the schedd is in the ALLOW_DAEMON list (which defaults to the ALLOW_WRITE list).

I tried adding the
    SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = never

"never" is not a valid authentication method.  You probably mean this:

SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = NEVER

But instead of NEVER, you may just want OPTIONAL. That means, "don't bother authenticating unless the peer wants to".

--Dan